As a Plumbing Apprentice, you will be responsible for assisting experienced plumbers / pipe fitters in the installation, maintenance, and repair of piping systems in commercial and industrial sites around the UK.
Location: Based from our Lymm office
Contract Type: 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive Rate of Pay
The role responsibilities:
We are recruiting for a Plumbing Apprentice to join our team. As a Plumbing Apprentice, you will be responsible for assisting experienced plumbers / pipe fitters in the installation, maintenance, and repair of piping systems in commercial and industrial sites around the UK. You will work under the supervision of a skilled pipe fitter, learning the skills and techniques required to become a qualified pipe fitter.
To be successful in this role, you should have a basic understanding of piping systems and be willing to learn and improve your skills. You should also be physically fit and able to work in various environments, including confined spaces and at heights. Additionally, you should be able to work well in a team and follow instructions effectively. As an apprentice, you will work under the guidance of experienced pipe fitters and receive on-the-job training to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Able to understand and act on both verbal and written instructions / procedures.
- Ensure that communication (spoken and written) is accurate and informative.
- Understand the customer’s underlying issues and take positive action to resolve them.
- Effectively communicate to strengthen KeyIS’ relationship with customers and stakeholders.
- Keep other team members informed and share knowledge.
- Display a positive attitude to challenges.
- Respond positively to and act on customer feedback.
- Computer literate, particularly in MS Office.
- Ability to listen attentively, identifying important information.
- Problem solving and flexibility.
- Driving licence with access to own transport.
- Assist with the installation, repair, and maintenance of piping systems in commercial and industrial settings.
- Read and interpret layout drawings and schematics to determine the layout and configuration of piping systems.
- Measure and cut pipes to required lengths using various tools, including saws, pipe cutters, and threading machines.
- Assemble and install pipes and pipe fittings, such as valves, elbows, and couplings.
- Secure pipes to walls and fixtures using brackets, clamps, and hangers.
- Test piping systems for leaks using air and water pressure gauges.
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of existing piping systems.
- Follow safety procedures and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Maintain a clean and organised work area.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic maths skills.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics.
- Good manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a team environment and follow instructions.
- A willingness to learn and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to travel to commercial and industrial sites around the UK.